Sauvignon Blanc is one of the most popular white wines in the world. It’s known for its high acidity and typical green herbal flavors. It gives its best in a cooler climate but grows nearly everywhere offering a variety of styles.
Have you ever found yourself staring at many Sauvignon Blanc bottles wondering which one you would like best? Keep reading and you’ll find the answer and much more!
I’ve organized the content below in small sections to make it easy to read. I must confess I’m quite happy with the research and work done. As always wine tasting was my favorite part!😋
Use the table of content below to jump straight to the section. In this article you’ll learn more about:
Keep reading to become a Sauvignon Blanc expert!
Loire Valley Sauvignon Blanc
Loire Valley Sauvignon Blanc Overview
Loire Valley Sauvignon Blanc Taste Profile
These are some of the most common aromas and flavors of Loire Valley Sauvignon Blanc.
Loire Valley Sauvignon Blanc Food Pairing
These are some food pairing suggestions for Loire Valley Sauvignon Blanc.
Serve and Store Loire Valley Sauvignon Blanc
There are five notables areas in the Central Loire Valley. Each area comes with taste variations:
- Menetou-Salon: fresh, musky floral, citrus fruit, white peach a rounded mouthfeel.
- Pouilly-Fumé: vibrant, very mineral, with citrus and floral aromas.
- Quincy: high acidity, citrus fruit, cut grass, and pepper aromas with a rounded mouthfeel.
- Reuilly: high acidity, citrus fruit, white peach, and herbal aromas.
- Sancerre: vibrant, mineral, citrus fruit, gooseberry, cut grass, and floral aromas.
Bordeaux Sauvignon Blanc
Bordeaux Sauvignon Blanc Overview
Bordeaux Sauvignon Blanc Taste Profile
These are some of the most common aromas and flavors of Bordeaux Sauvignon Blanc.
Bordeaux Sauvignon Blanc Food Pairing
These are some food pairing suggestions for Bordeaux Sauvignon Blanc